ABEPG has an obligation to adapt to the new global conditions in international politics. The COVID-19 pandemic is a reality, which has changed the relationship between nations.
In the history of humanity there will be a before and after of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The SARS-CoV-2 virus has a diameter of between 60 and 140 nanometers, which is why it can only be observed with an electron microscope. This virus is very small, but its impact on humanity was catastrophic. Here we highlight some of its results:
- This virus demonstrated the weakness of the health systems of all States.
- All the countries on the planet were affected by the SARS-CoV-2 virus, without exception.
- The pandemic has generated a crisis unprecedented since the economic crisis of 1929.
- All national economies have negative growth rates, with the exception of the People's Republic of China.
- The high level of country engagement was demonstrated. The pandemic spread rapidly.
- No international agency was prepared to provide a coordinated global response.
- Multilateralism suffered a severe blow.
- Competition for global power shifted to the area of health. First, countries clashed over access to medicines and medical equipment. Then the race began to develop the SARS-CoV-2 vaccine. Finally, there is competition over logistics and infrastructure to distribute the vaccine globally.
This empirical evidence shows that the COVID-19 pandemic has ushered in a new era in human history. Therefore, in the study of the struggle for world power and peace there is a before and after of SARS-CoV-2.
ABEPG is obliged to continue its research work under the new international conditions.